Promoting sound public health policy is central to our mission. VPHA’s Policy & Advocacy Committee develops the association’s policy priorities with input from the membership. See below for our 2022 Policy Priorities.
- Encourage the Joint Commission on Health Care to study the financing and delivery of public health services in the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Urge the General Assembly to establish a Virginia Health Equity Trust Fund.
- Ask the General Assembly to establish a workgroup that explores how the Commonwealth of Virginia can leverage CHIP Health Service Initiatives to address public health issues that disproportionately affect low-income children.
- Remove the requirement that local health districts be directed by a physician.
- Urge the General Assembly to require the Virginia Department of Health make public on its website all Local Government Agreements (LGAs) currently in effect.
You can see our priorities in more detail here: VPHA 2022 Advocacy Agenda