Virginia Public Health Association
Promoting sound public health policy is central to our mission. VPHA’s Policy & Advocacy Committee develops the association’s policy priorities with input from the membership. See below for our 2022 Policy Priorities.
1. Allow Public Health Professionals to Lead Local Health Departments (SB 192)
Success! The General Assembly passed SB 192, and Governor Youngkin
2. Increase Medicaid Reimbursement Rates for Dental Providers
Success! The General Assembly increased Medicaid
3. Create a Virginia Health Equity Trust Fund
4. Establish a CHIP Health Service Initiative Workgroup
5. Study the Financing & Delivery of Public Health Services in Virginia
Success! The Joint Commission on Health Care voted to study the structure
You can view our priorities in more detail here: VPHA 2022 Advocacy Agenda.